Tuesday, January 12, 2010

YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO MY WEDDING!!!









So I’m on the phone with a very close friend of mine and suddenly the topic of marriage comes up and I say “ I Don’t even want a wedding I would want to ELOPE” He’s says “YOU ARE LYYYYIIIING EVERY GIRL WANTS A WEDDING ” It was a very interesting conversation especially from a guy’s perspective. He basically says women are all brain washed into wanting to get married to put on a “show” and even if the girl didn’t want a wedding he wouldn’t feel comfortable with that because that’s what everyone wants. What About What I Want??? What If I truly Want to Elope?


Don’t get me wrong I'm not against marriage but I just never put too much energy into thinking about the “big day” It sounds weird coming from a girl who could spend the whole Sunday watching Platinum weddings, Rich Bride poor Bride and Bridezilla but for some reason doesn’t want a big wedding of her own. Instead I would want for the groom and I to flee to some remote island and get married on the beach.


Simply Not wanting to worry about who wanted chicken or beef and which vegetarian is going to starve because I forgot to order a vegan dish. Not wanting to worry about who RSVPd, Not wanting to worry about people catching feelings because they were not invited. Not wanting to worry if I paid the photographer, videographer the makeup artist. Not wanting to worry if will lose the deposit on the hall for reception. Not wanting to worry about my dress being fitted. Not wanting to worry about if the bridesmaids like the dress or not, Not wanting to worry about if my mom is gonna make a scene if my dad shows up with his new girlfriend, not wanting to worry about the seating arrangements. Not wanting to worry about NOTHING JUST ME AND HIM BEING HAPPY!!!


My first wedding I ever attended was my parents I was 4 and the flower girl and it was the most beautiful wedding ever 20 something years later their fairytale wedding is still fresh in my mind from the dancing to the ice blue bridesmaids dresses to the wedding singers flowers the cake and swan ice sculptures. This was suppose to be the happiest day of my mother’s life and then to see her one day sitting in the middle of the floor crying and cutting up 1000s of wedding pictures it just an image I can’t remove from my head. I must admit that my parent's marriage may be one of the reasons I never dreamt of being a beautiful blushing bride. Its shouldn’t be but it is and to me and as much as I’m the only girl and my dad would throw me the ultimate Glamour Girl Wedding and probably fly everyone out to our summer house in Jamaica I just don’t want that. I DON’T…. All that stuff to me is just extra and means nothing.


To Be Continued…..

No comments: