Sunday, January 17, 2010

Remembering Haiti

When I first heard about the earthquake I immediately called my best friend and when she answered the phone I could hear the sadness and confusion in here voice. Like many who updated their Twitter and Facebook status she too could not get through to her family in Haiti. The only thing we could do at that moment was pray.

While the news informs us of how devastating the earthquake is with horrific images and constant reminders of how poor the nation of Haiti is... I just want to take time out to focus on how rich the culture is. Also I'm very happy to see everyone from me and you to celebs to Corporate America reaching out to help.T mobile offering free calls to Haiti is amazing. Please continue to assist in anyway you can.

Over the years I've picked up a few Creole words and phrases, jammed at a few Sweet Mickey and Tvice concerts, and ate some good Haitian food. a friend of mine always wanted me to come to Haiti to see the beautiful beaches hopefully one day in the future I can still go.



 
 
 

 







No comments: