Friday, April 15, 2011

GYM FLOW: Pounds away from Success!!





320lbs....I don't think I've told anyone the actual number until now. Yes Thats how much I weighed last summer  (the photos above). Somewhere between high self esteem and denial was me! I told myself I was happy and would love me no matter what but in the back of my mind I knew I needed to take control of my health. I hadn't been to the gym in months,the majority of my fruit servings came in the bottom of a glass filled with sangria and my favorite jeans were on life support from all the stretching.

Honestly at the time work and personal issues had me so stressed out and I realized I was gaining weight rapidly. I took a trip to the doctor and told him my concerns. He then put me on a strict diet and provided me with a list of what I could eat. After the first week I was sick of eating salad with no blue cheese ,no croutons,and no craisans. BORING!!!! Tempted to cheat but I remained focused for weeks! I dusted off my gym card and sneakers and started doing some serious cardio OMG I love the elliptical machine. I had tons of energy and I was loving the results.
Salad YUM!! Really :)

At the gym  after a 90minute workout

Thought I was Rocky when I ran up these stairs!!


Fast forward to today I'm down about 60+ pounds and still working on toning my body and eating right. I work out with my friends, order from the healthy section on the menu and replaces sugar drinks and soda with water.  I love following t@EatThisNotThat on twitter to learn what foods are yummy but also low in calories So many of my friends have supported me on this journey and I try to be an inspiration to all those who are ready to take control of their health.



No comments: