Friday, April 15, 2011

Designer Spotlight: Nneka Saran

Back in the prehistoric Myspace ages I came across a page filled with some of the cutest eye catching  clutches from  an up and coming handbag designer Nneka Hurley now known as Nneka Saran. Her page had  pictures of celebrities such as Eve, Vivica Fox, Keyshia Cole and the one and only June Ambrose rocking her handmade one of kind creations. As an accessory junkie and avid party girl I had to have one or two for myself!  Every time I went out I would get so many compliments which often sparked conversations in the ladies bathroom while reapplying my lipgloss. Is that Gucci? Betsey Johnson ? I would reply Nneka Saran and everyone would always say "WHO"??
So now let me introduce you to  Mrs. Nneka Saran Mosely.



Marketing major graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University 


Current position - Founder/Designer at Nneka Saran LLC

Favorite place in the world - Any carribean island

Most recent song added to ipod - Walking by Mary Mary


1.Currently what is your favorite fashion trend?
 I"m loving tribal prints & mixing bold colors right now

2. Where do you get your inspiration for each collection?
 I draw inspiration from everything...people, life, etc. But I really get inspiration from fabric ...when I go into a fabric store, my mind just starts churning with ideas.  I love color and I love funky prints! 

3. You just had a trunk show in Atlanta how was the turnout? 
The ATL show was great. I had a good turnout and sold a good amount of bags.  I have been having a blast traveling around with my trunk show! 


4.What are some of your favorite fashion blogs?
Some of my favorite fashion blogs are www.MajorMustHaves.com and  www.fashionbombdaily.com 

5.What celebrity would  you like to see wearing your bags/clutches?

 I would love to have Rihanna wear one of my clutches

6.Being a newly wed how do you balance time between work and spending time with your husband?
 Time management is one of the biggest challenges because there is always so much to do and it just never seems like there is enough time.  Not to mention, my husband works full time and is also an author & speaker on the side so we both work really long hours.  Even though we are generally burning the midnight oil working on different things, we make sure to make spending quality time together a priority.  

7. What's the biggest obstacle you face as an up and coming designer? 

The biggest obstacle is brand awareness....getting more exposure and getting my name and product out there. 


8.When did you realize you wanted create Nneka Saran handbags full time?
I knew for awhile that I wanted to do Nneka Saran full time, I just didn't think it would happen anytime soon.  I had a great job but I I just didn't enjoy doing it anymore.  Each day, it ate at me more and more.  Then an opportunity presented itself which allowed me to step out on faith and pursue my passion 

9.You do interior decorating as well ...is that something you always wanted to do?

 I LOVE decorating. I have always to see how a room can be changed to create a completely different look.  I even contemplated going to school for it at one time.

10.what is next for nneka saran?
Currently, I do mostly clutches ..in the future, I plan to expand my line to more styles and down the road I would love to get into luggage and home decor.

11.Who are some of your favorite designer bags?

 My fav designer bags are Marc Jacobs, Gucci, and I love Henri Bendel bags. 

12.Finish this sentence: A girl should never leave the house without _______

lipgloss and earrings!!







Celebrity Stylist June Ambrose 
R&B Superstar Keyshia Cole 
Showcasing at Circle of Sisters 2008
Raising Awareness -part of sales went to Susan G Komen for the cure
My personal collection!! #support 

ATL Trunk Show April 2011

love the funky prints

Nneka with Blogger Angel of Concreteloop.com
 My next purchase The Emma Bag!!
Phoenix Trunk Show
TV TIME!!



MORE INFORMATION 

No comments: